Seattle and music go hand in hand.
Though The Emerald City’s isolation may seem like it would have been a detriment, it was actually part of what harvested new sound in the 80s because it was different than what was being produced in California. This led to the birth of grunge, or the Seattle sound. From early jazz, metal, grunge, and today’s indie and hip hop beats, Seattle is the birthplace of some of the most important moments and artists in music history.
Here are some songs about Seattle that must be on your moving playlist:
1. “Seattle” by Perry Como
2. “Welcome to Seattle” by Boom Bap Project
3. Posse on Broadway by Sir Mix A Lot
4. “Seattle” by Public Image Ltd.
5. “The Shadow of Seattle” by Marcy Playground
6. “Frances Farmer Will Have Her Revenge on Seattle” by Nirvana
7. “Thrift Shop” by Macklemore
8. “Hello Seattle” by Owl City
9. “The Mud Shark” by Frank Zappa
10. “New Way Home” by Foo Fighters
11. “Moving to Seattle” by The Material
12. “Summer Night in Seattle” by Jenna Drey
13. “Summer in Seattle” by The Laurie Lewis Quintet