Brace yourself: major horn-tooting ahead.
Part of what make SpareFoot such a refreshing place to work is that we are always innovating our company culture and exploring new ways to give back to the community.
We’re quite proud to say 2016 was no exception.
Below is a rundown of the accomplishments we are most proud of achieving over the last year. Pardon us while we brush our shoulders off, and get pumped up for more do-gooding in 2017.
- SpareFoot competed in the Austin Startup Games and medaled for the fourth year in a row, taking home the Silver. Winning Gold three years in a row and Silver in 2016 has enabled the company to raise $70,000 for Kure It Cancer Research, which focuses on finding a cure for kidney cancer and other cancers.
- SpareFoot employees collected 17,700 lbs of food and raised almost $5,000 during our annual food and donations drive benefitting the Central Texas Food Bank.
- The company donated a total of $4,620 for the Austin Humane Society and Austin Pets Alive through our SparePups adoption PSA campaign.
- Just in time for back-to-school, SpareFoot employees assembled backpacks for Foundation Communities, diaper bags for SafePlace, cat beds and toys for the Austin Animal Shelter, hygiene kits and rice bags for Caritas, and hospital activity bags for Dell Children’s Hospital.
- SpareFoot employees helped Dress for Success with a mission-critical data-entry project (pictured below).
- SpareFoot employees volunteered their time to help with maintenance and improvements of the Zilker Botanical Garden (pictured above).
- SpareFoot began offering 12 weeks of fully paid maternity leave and created an on-site dedicated mother’s room.
- Launched the employee-founded and led Women of SpareFoot organization to empower women at SpareFoot to meet and exceed their goals through advocacy, development, outreach and awareness.
- Created a Diversity and Inclusion Task Force to aid in budgetary decisions and provide proactive guidance related to culture, diversity and inclusion.
- For the first in a series of Facebook Live videos, Statesman tech reporter Lilly Rockwell and food writer Addie Broyles visited SpareFoot’s cafeteria during lunch and interviewed Chef Andres Figueroa.
- The Austin American-Statesman named SpareFoot one of the Best Places to Work for the fourth year in a row.
- SpareFoot’s “We Can Store That” video campaign won a PR Daily Content Marketing Award.
- SpareFoot named among the Top 100 Digital Companies in Austin by Built in Austin.
- For the sixth year in a row, SpareFoot was named Best Online Directory by the readers of Inside Self-Storage.