When it comes to moving, everything can seem stressful – especially if you don’t have moving experience. Luckily, there are tons of resources out there to make you feel a little less alone. Here are eight of our favorite moving blogs to help you take control of your next move and regain a little bit of inner peace on moving day.
Unpakt is a tool to plan, compare, book and manage your move efficiently and smoothly. The Unpakt Blog is chock full of moving advice, including costs, packing tips, planning, moving quotes, and more.
- 7 Tips for Pest Proofing Your Home Before Move-In
- How to Detox Your New Home Before Moving In
- How to Find Affordable Student Housing in Your College Town
HireAHelper has been around for quite some time, and that kind of dedication and longevity shows on their blog. A “nationwide marketplace where you can compare and book local movers to help you pack, load and unload your moving truck or container,” the company runs a frequently updated, clean blog loaded with moving analyses, personal moving stories, moving tips and advice for movers at any stage of life. Plus, gorgeous and colorful graphics make each post a gorgeous experience.
- 2019 Study: Moving Interstate Could Save (or Add) Up to $7,700 On Your State Tax Bill
- How I Moved Across the Country Completely by Myself
- How to Hack Moving to New York City in 2019
Roadway Moving is a New York City moving company, but their blog caters to a national audience. With content from basic moving advice to the specifics on moving to, around, or from New York City, On the Move is a great resource for anyone who is contemplating a move involving NYC, or just anyone who needs moving advice from professional movers.
- Things To Do When Moving With Professional Manhattan Moving Companies
- Looking For The Best Interstate Moving Companies: Key Reasons Why You Should Get Professional Help For Your Move
- Moving From NYC To Washington DC will come off easier once you’re aware of the right strategies
Updater is an app that helps you tackle everything moving-related in minutes, whether it’s reserving a move, to setting up TV and internet, to updating your magazine and subscription accounts, to connecting utilities. Their blog is equally robust, focusing on moving industry insights, moving tips, moving and relocation trends, and ebooks and webinars. It’s enough content to make you feel like you know everything you’ll ever need to know about the world of moving.
- How Property Managers Can Leverage Localized Social Marketing
- How to Easily Pack Dishes and Stop Breaking Plates
- Here’s Where Americans Moved to in 2018
Gentle Giant is a moving company that describes itself as “head and shoulders above the rest.” Its blog is no different, featuring informative and useful posts about moving, moving tips, and moving vehicles. Perhaps the most charming part of Gentle Giant’s blog is its dedication to featuring its employees and showcasing life as a Gentle Giant mover. It’s this kind of behind-the-scene peek that gives customers a sense of trust and affection for the company, and sets Gentle Giant above the rest.
- A Tour Around Ireland with a Gentle Giant
- How Much Should I Tip My Movers?
- How to Ship Your Vehicle When Moving Cross-Country
Bellhops makes your move easier by arranging simple, stress-free moving services. The blog reflects this mission by providing helpful, easy-to-read, and beautiful posts dedicated to helping you figure out your move. Bellhops has recently been focusing more on state, city, and neighborhood guides, which is perfect for anyone trying to get a lay of the land before they make the big leap for a long distance move.
- The Ultimate Moving Checklist: What to Check Off When You’re Moving
- How To Find The Best Lawn Care Service Near You
- Is Moving to Nevada Right for You? A 2019 Guide.
You Move Me is “a moving company created to move more than just your boxes. We’ll move you with our hard work and genuine smiles.” Their blog is a clean, minimal exploration in moving tips, organization hacks, decoration ideas, and helpful lifestyle advice. It seems like You Move Me’s blog covers anything and everything related to figuring out your life, which makes it a great resource for not just moving advice, but also the nooks and crannies of daily life.
- How to safely move your home arcade machine
- Setting up the perfect home workout space
- How to throw a housewarming party without breaking the bank
Last, but certainly not least, it’s yours truly! How could we not include ourselves on this list? We don’t like to brag, but we do have a robust collection of regularly updated content around moving, storage, organization, and more.