Winter Garden, FL-based iStorage recently purchased a pair of facilities in Northern California’s San Francisco Bay Area for a combined $31 million.
Dean Keller, owner of Laguna Beach, CA-based Bancap Self Storage Group, brokered the deal. The two properties were sold by the Lafayette, CA-based owner who developed them.
Coliseum Self Storage, at 5200 Coliseum Way in Oakland, CA (pictured at top), sold for $7 million. The facility covers 67,000 square feet and offers more than 600 units.
Concord Self Storage, at 1597 Market St. in Concord, CA, sold for $24 million. The facility covers 155,000 square feet and offers 1,300 units.
“This is truly a trophy property with great freeway frontage and visibility in a strong, growing market,” Keller said of the Concord facility.
Roseville, CA-based Life Storage recently bought two facilities from Superior Self Storage for a combined $10.2 million.
The 634-unit, 70,320-square-foot facility at 1300 El Camino Ave. in Sacramento, CA, was priced at $5.2 million. The 466-unit, 56,678-square-foot facility at 1022 East St. in Woodland, CA, sold for $5 million.
Tom de Jong, vice president of Colliers International in San Jose, CA, handled the deal.
Extra Space Storage
Salt Lake City, UT-based Extra Space Storage recently bought the 50,000-square-foot facility it managed at 1930 Cortez Road West in Bradenton, FL, for $5.1 million.
Eric Howell, who purchased the property in 2001 for $1.3 million, was the seller. Howell is a principal of Baldwin-Howell Properties in Sarasota, FL.
Extra Space also bought the 58,555-square-foot facility at 4105 W. Hillsborough Ave. in Tampa, FL, for $4.1 million. The seller was Discount East Land Trust.
Simply Self Storage
Orlando, FL-based Simply Self Storage recently bought eight facilities in Massachusetts, Michigan and Rhode Island. The facilities were sold by Storage Pros.
The Rhode Island facility, at 75 Browns Lane in Middletown, sold for $6.8 million, according to property records.
The two Massachusetts facilities — at 16 Lambeth Park Drive in Fairhaven and 33 Village Common Drive in East Falmouth — sold for $4.34 million and $8.48 million, respectively, according to property records.
Property records were not available for the five Michigan facilities: 2325 Dort Highway in Flint, 2345 29th St. SE in Grand Rapids, 1400 E. Michigan Ave. in Saline, 6123 Highland Road in Waterford and 50586 Pontiac Trail in Wixom.
Irvine, CA-based Westport Properties bought the former Storage Direct self-storage facility at 9818 De Soto Ave. in Chatsworth, CA, for $15.46 million in November. The facility encompasses more than 92,000 square feet.
The seller was Transamerica Realty Services. US Storage Centers now operates the facility.
Storage Pros Management
Farmington Hills, MI-based Storage Pros recently bought three facilities in the Nashville, TN, area.
Two of the facilities had operated under the name A-A-A Storage. The third facility, in Murfreesboro, operated under the StoragePlex brand.
Storage Pros bought the Murfreesboro property, at 2365 Church St., for $3 million, according to property records.
The company paid $1.9 million for the facility at 2426 Brick Church Pike in Nashville, TN. The purchase price was unavailable for the third facility, at 3308 John Mallette Drive in Nashville.
Combined, the three facilities encompass 219,000 square feet and 1,930 units. Storage Pros now operates 17 facilities in Tennessee.
Other notable deals
- Assured Storage of Goose Creek purchased the former Harbor Lake Self Storage facility at 4110 Harbor Lake Drive in Goose Creek, SC, for $1.6 million. The 41,000-square-foot facility has 344 units. John Lindsey, president of the Durham, NC-based Lindsey Self Storage Group, brokered the deal.
- U-Haul bought a five-facility portfolio in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula from Kevin and Judy Moyle. The facilities operated as Kevin’s Self Storage. The properties are in Houghton, Lake Linden, Dodgeville, Calumet and Hancock. Purchase prices weren’t available.
- Omaha Red Storage bought West Omaha Mini Storage at 8787 S. 192nd St. in Omaha, NE, for $1.1 million. The 22,000-square-foot facility features 85 storage units and 80 boat/RV spots. The purchase included 5 acres of farmland.
- U Stor It–Lugoff bought the 23,925-square-foot former Storage One facility at 187 Highway 601 South in Lugoff, SC, for $1.83 million. Stacey Gorman, director of self-storage in the Atlanta, GA, office of Marcus & Millichap, brokered the deal.
- Heartland Boat and RV Self-Storage bought the 36,000-square-foot facility at 1306 Prairie Drive SW in Bondurant, IA, for $1.35 million. The seller was Des Moines, IA-based Store It America.