A decade after being proposed, Fresno, CA-based Derrel’s Mini Storage is building what will be its 55th self-storage facility.
The facility, at Goshen Avenue and Demaree Street in Visalia, CA, will offer 200,000 square feet.
The project secured approval after a 10-year process, according to The Business Journal in Fresno. The facility is scheduled to open in the summer of 2016.
- Stamford, CT-based Westy Self Storage is building a 139,120-square-foot self-storage facility at 4049 Jericho Turnpike in East Northport, NY. The 1,200-unit facility, scheduled to open this spring, will be the company’s 14th location. Construction began seven months ago.
- An entity associated with Irvine, CA-based Platinum Storage Group has gained a site-plan permit for a self-storage facility at 13601 Dessau Road in Austin, TX. The facility will cover more than 63,000 rentable square feet.
- VLR-Roxbury LLC received approval from the Boston Redevelopment Authority to build a 154,376-square-foot storage facility at 99 Rivermoor St. in Boston, MA. The $14 million project includes the conversion of an existing warehouse. Self-storage REIT CubeSmart has been tapped to manage the facility.
- DealPoint Merrill has closed on the purchase of a former Walmart store in Joliet, IL. The real estate development company plans to convert the 116,134-square-foot property into a Class A self-storage facility. DealPoint recently launched a fund for individuals to invest in its self-storage conversion projects.
- Bradshaw Group Ltd. is planning a 76,000-square-foot self-storage facility at 12 Oliver Court in Bluffton, SC. The development company owns two other facilities, both in its hometown of Hilton Head, SC. Construction is expected to be finished by the end of 2015, according to the Island Packet.
- Krueger Development has submitted a plan to buy 9 acres from the City of Lincoln, NE, for a 130,000-square-foot self-storage facility, according to the Journal Star. The 615-unit facility is set to be built at 84th and South streets in Lincoln. The City Council still must approve the $775,000 land purchase.
- U-Haul plans to add self-storage at a recently acquired property in Southaven, MS. The former American Metal Sales property, at 5375 Pepperchase Drive, was built in 1999 and features three buildings totaling 85,265 square feet. U-Haul already has set up a store for truck and trailer rentals.
- Baton Rouge, LA-based The Storage Center plans to build a self-storage facility on more than 3½ acres at 1714 E. Parmer Lane in Austin, TX. A site-plan application was submitted Jan. 14.
- Buffalo, MO-based Serenity Storage completed construction of its fourth self-storage facility, at 4765 E. U.S. Highway 54 in Linn Creek, MO. The facility features 10×30 units for boat and trailer storage. A second phase, set to open this spring 2015, will offer RV and boat storage.
- The Amsdell Companies, based in Cleveland, OH, has completed construction of a 67,000-square-foot self-storage facility in Shaker Heights, OH. The facility, at 16005 Chagrin Blvd., is the first storage property in the Cleveland suburb. The project, which was several years in the making, involved conversion of a former car dealership. The facility operates under the Compass Self Storage banner.