San Antonio, TX-based storage operator SurePoint Self Storage will start construction this summer on three facilities in the Houston, TX, market.
Within the next couple of months, SurePoint will begin work on two of the projects: a three-story facility in Cypress, TX, and a four-story facility in Richmond, TX. Later this summer, SurePoint will turn dirt for a three-story, 123,000-square-foot facility in Cypress.
To read more about SurePoint, visit news.sparefoot.com/849-surepoint-self-storage-sets-sights-on-houston.
The Woodlands, TX-based storage operator Amazing Spaces also is expanding its presence in the market with plans to build two facilities in The Woodlands area.
A 103,000-square-foot facility is set to open in March 2016. It will be the fifth location for Amazing Spaces.
The project is packed with upscale amenities, including individual door alarms, 24-hour security cameras, covered loading areas, wine storage and a Wi-Fi-equipped conference room.
Also on the drawing board for Amazing Spaces is a 98,000-square-foot facility just south of The Woodlands. It’s scheduled to open in the fall of 2016.
- A 60,175-square-foot facility that’s under construction in the San Antonio market is seeking a buyer. Marcus & Millichap broker Jon Danklefs is accepting purchase offers till May 15. Construction is set to be completed in mid-July. Bakke Development Corp. is building the three-story facility under the name Crestway Premier Storage. The project is at 8400 Crestway Drive in Converse, TX.
- San Diego, CA-based Lockaway Storage has started construction on a facility at 7212 Bandera Road in Leon Valley, TX, a suburb of San Antonio.
- Developer Aaron Freeman is seeking approval to build a 120,000-square-foot self-storage facility at 125 S. 2000 West in Pleasant Grove, UT. The facility will operate as Out of Space Storage. The facility will offer 40 storage condos for sale. “This storage facility will not only be superior in location than any other facility in all of Utah,” Freeman said, “but it will be one of the best in terms of aesthetics and architectural design in the country. “
- Texas-based storage operator Storage Choice is building a 130,000-square-foot facility between Canton and Commerce streets in downtown Dallas. The six-story facility will contain 1,000 units. The facility, scheduled to open in early 2016, will be the 13th location for the family-owned company.
- Granite Bay, CA-based Superior Storage Group plans to build a 92,296-square-foot facility at East Monte Vista Avenue and Piper Drive in Vacaville, CA. The two-story facility will contain 636 climate-controlled units.
- Ron Smith of Praxis Properties LLC in Rocklin, CA, plans to build a 85,700-square-foot facility at 2400 E. Monte Vista Ave. in Vacaville, CA. The single-story facility will cover 85,700 square feet.
- Gallacher Development LLC purchased a 3-acre parcel in suburban Indianapolis, IN, for a 68,000-square-foot facility that will be managed by Extra Space Storage. The project is set to open this fall.
- U-Haul is seeking approval to convert an industrial building at 300 E. Main St. in Lake Zurich, IL, into a self-storage facility. The building offers 100,000 square feet, making it bigger than a site at 320 E. Main St. that U-Haul also has under contract. The village board asked U-Haul to return with a revised proposal, according to the Chicago Tribune.
- LakePointe Self Storage is slated to open in May in Willis, TX. The 400-unit facility is at 11901 FM 1097.
- Self-storage operator Elite Stor recently completed construction of a self-storage facility at 1016 Clare Ave. in West Palm Beach, FL. The 20,000-square-foot facility, whose features include wine storage, was a Serta mattress warehouse. Elite Stor bought the warehouse for $750,000. Elite Stor operates three other facilities in Florida.