Cary, NC-based Ultimate Storage Company is building two new facilities in the Raleigh-Durham market.
Both projects will offer about 75,000-square-feet of space inside of 500 units, 90 percent of which will be climate controlled.
The facility at 9300 Fayetteville Road in Raleigh, NC is tentatively scheduled to open in January 2016 under the name South Wake Storage.
The other facility, named Durham Self Storage, is located at 1651 TW Alexander Drive in Durham. It is scheduled to open in the spring of 2016. The facility is located within the Research Triangle Park, which is home to 190 companies that employ more than 50,000 workers.
Last year the company opened a similarly sized facility called Spring Lake Storage in Spring Lake, NC (pictured above). The facility recently won an award from a local group for Best New Non-Residential Property in Cumberland County.
“Getting recognized for this award is huge for us and the town,” said company principal Manoj Bhatia. “The town is pushing for growth.”
The family-owned business was founded in 2005. It developed three facilities in Fayetteville, NC, which were managed by Extra Space Storage until being sold to a national buyer in 2013.
- KNON, a community radio station in Dallas, TX, is looking for a new home when its lease ends at 5353 Maple Avenue—the existing building is being torn down to make way for a new self-storage facility. The facility is a joint venture between local real estate heavyweights Cornerstone and Rosewood Property Company. The two companies joined forces last year to invest about $75 million into the development of about 10 facilities. The radio station must vacate by the end of September to make way for the construction.
- Poughkeepsie, NY-based Guardian Self Storage plans to convert a former bowling alley in Beacon, NY into a 31,000-square-foot self-storage facility. The facility will be the operator’s 14th location in the Mid-Hudson Valley region of the state. Southern Dutchess Bowl, located at 629 Route 52, closed in May after more than 60 years in business. “We consider this a home run for Guardian Self Storage,” said Kelley Redl-Hardisty, managing partner with Herb Redl Properties, the parent company of Guardian Self Storage. Redl-Hardisty said the company expects to open the facility this fall.
- Santa Monica, CA-based William Warren Group recently purchased a 3.17 acre parcel near 7th Street and Indian School Road in Phoenix, AZ for $3 million. The company, which operates the StorQuest brand, plans to build a 100,000-square-foot facility. William Warren was represented by Larry Ortega and Daniel Ortega of Colliers International. The seller, a family trust, was represented by Troy Dixon of Dallas Real Estate.
- Metro Self Storage has acquired a development site for its 18th store in the Chicago market. Lake Forest, IL-based Metro will build an 80,000-square-foot facility on Butterfield Road, just north of Route 60 in Mundelein, IL. Construction of the 805-unit facility is scheduled to start later this summer. The facility is expected to open during the second quarter of 2016.
- All Access Storage plans to build 20,000-square-foot facility at 5200 North Boyd Lake Avenue in Loveland, CO.
- Compass Self Storage is seeking approval to build a 91,000-square-foot facility on a two-acre parcel in the Jupiter, FL community of Abacoa. A preliminary vote on the proposal is scheduled for August 18.
Self Storage @ Centerra, located at 5225 E. 37th Street in Loveland, CO is a few weeks away from opening with its first phase of 500 units, which cover 50,000 square feet. The facility is owned by Jordan Todd of Alpine Moving Company and business partner David D’Erlanger, according to the Reporter Herald. Lee Frederick, owner of Grow Your Storage, is also a partner.
- Beacon Construction recently opened Executive Storage at Crossroads at 4005 McArthur Drive in Loveland, CO. The 36-unit facility is geared towards storage of collector cars, RVs and boats. The units range from 12.5 feet by 50 feet and up to 25 feet by 50 feet. There is also a 12-month minimum lease.
- Public Storage opened a new facility at 10298 E. 45th Avenue in Denver, CO on August 10. The facility is the REIT’s 50th location in Denver and offers 700 storage units.