Planned and proposed
- The developers of Patriot Self-Storage in Leesburg, VA are seeking a rezoning that will let them build a pair of five-story buildings instead of three-story ones. While the planning commission recommended the rezoning, the town council sided with local residents opposed to the height change at a recent public hearing, reports Leesburg Today. Council will consider the proposal again at a September 21 meeting.
- Charlotte, NC-based Morningstar Mini-Storage is building a facility on five acres at Nautical Drive and Latitude Lane in Lake Wylie, SC. The facility will be part of the planned Shoppes at the Landing. A sign went up announcing the project September 1, according to the Herald Online.
- Developer Doug Degenhart has proposed a 88,900-square-foot self-storage facility at 2160 Commerce Center Boulevard in Dayton, OH. Degenhart plans to operate the facility with his wife Carol, according to the Dayton Business Journal.
- Livonia Storage Units is seeking zoning approval to build a self-storage facility at 28153 Eight Mile Road in Livonia, MI. The proposed facility will offer about 400 units. The project is headed for a vote later this fall, according to Hometown Life
- Banner Storage Group wants to build a 600-unit self-storage facility at 3914 W. 111th Street in Chicago, IL. The facility would be operated by Extra Space Storage. Company president Gary Delaney said at a recent government meeting that the facility would cost about $9 million and take a year to build, according to DNAinfo. Further meetings are planned before a final decision on the project is reached.
- A Storage Place has hired Windsor, CO based McCauley Constructors to build four new self-storage buildings as expansions to existing facilities. The first is a 40,000-square-foot expansion of its Loveland, CO facility that will be ready this month. Another 40,000-square-foot expansion of the facility is set to begin next spring. The operator is also expanding its Evergreen, CO location with 52,000-square-feet and its Sheridan, CO location with 48,000-square-feet. McCauley Construction said in a news release that existing facilities in the area have six to 12 month waiting lists for tenants looking to book a unit.
- Westy Self Storage is building a new self-storage facility at 65 Commerce Way in Hackensack, NJ. The 170-000-square-foot facility is expected to be complete by the end of the year with more than 1,500 storage units. The facility will be the operator’s 15th location overall.
- Developer Michael Kenney obtained a permit to start work on a new CubeSmart facility at 453 Washington Avenue in North Haven, CT, according to My Record Journal. The four-building project will cost $6.4 million to construct, which qualifies the developer for a local tax incentive
Philip McDermott opened A-Plus Mini Storage at 1805 Industrial Park Road in Rock Falls, IL. The facility has 30 units now with plans to expand.