SpareFoot has released a free white paper, “How to Build, Buy and Expand with Confidence,” for independent self-storage owners and operators seeking to grow their businesses.
The white paper covers 10 mistakes in building, buying or expanding in the self-storage industry and how to avoid them. The advice comes from six self-storage experts interviewed by SpareFoot:
- Benjamin Burkart, owner of StorageStudy.com, a self-storage consulting firm.
- Terry Campbell, vice president of sales and marketing at BETCO Inc., a manufacturer of self-storage buildings.
- Shawn Hill, principal of The BSC Group LLC, a self-storage finance adviser.
- Jamie Lindau, national sales manager at Trachte Building Systems, which designs, makes and installs self-storage buildings.
- Ben Vestal, president of the Argus Self Storage Sales Network, whose commercial real estate brokers specialize in self-storage properties.
- Caesar Wright, president of Mako Steel Inc., a self-storage construction company.
“As a booming industry, self-storage is an attractive investment,” said Chuck Gordon, co-founder and CEO of SpareFoot.
“In the past few years, occupancy rates and real estate prices have soared. As the economy continues to improve, the demand for storage units is only expected to grow,” Gordon added. “Still, competition is fierce. To successfully build, buy or expand requires thorough research, fact-based decisions and smart planning.”
To download the free white paper, visit http://selfstora.ge/buildbuyexpand.