Public Storage purchased a portfolio of three self-storage properties spanning 3,596 units in the New York City and Boston areas. The properties were developed in 2018 and 2019 by the seller, Banner Real Estate Group.
The facilities are located at:
- 5002 2nd Ave. in Brooklyn, NY
- 479 5th Ave. in New Rochelle, NY
- 490 Eastern Ave. in Malden, MA
The seller was represented by the JLL Capital Markets team led by Managing Director Steve Mellon and Brian Somoza along with Senior Managing Directors Andrew Scandalios and Coleman Benedict.
Strategic Storage Growth Trust II reports the following:
Strategic Storage Growth Trust II purchased the newly completed facility 235 Northeast 12th Ave. in Homestead, FL for an undisclosed price. The 91,400-square-foot self-storage facility includes 970 self-storage units and 30 RV spaces. The facility will be operated by SmartStop Self Storage, sponsor of SSGT II.
Marcus & Millichap reports the following:
- A-American Self Storage, a 77,053 square foot self-storage facility located in Fresno, CA, was sold to an unnamed LLC for an undisclosed price. The facility, at 2455 N. Marks Avenue, has 717 non-climate-controlled units.The buyer was secured and represented by Brett R. Hatcher, Gabriel Coe, and Jacob Becher of the firm’s Columbus, OH office. Jim Markel, regional manager and broker of record, assisted in closing this transaction.
- Whites Creek Pike Self Storage, a 44,385-square-foot self-storage facility in Nashville, was sold to an unnamed buyer. Built in 2012, the facility features 104 climate controlled units and 265 non-climate units. Brett Hatcher and Gabriel Coe of the firm’s Columbus office represented the seller. The buyer was represented by Sean Delaney of the firm’s Chicago Oak Brook office. Jody McKibben, regional manager and broker of record, assisted in closing this transaction.